You don’t have to run it to be a part of it.
Our marathon is amazing, because our volunteers are amazing.
As a community organized and community-wide event there are opportunities for everyone to be involved – and most people are, either as organizers, volunteers, providers of goods and services, cheer leaders, or runners. But we are always looking for more good volunteers to take the load off those who have already stepped up.
All volunteers who help out with the Bay of Fundy Marathon and 10K will receive a T-shirt and are invited to join the street celebration on Sunday afternoon.
If you would like to volunteer yourself or your group, please contact either of:
Rachel Rubeor at 207-733-8949. or Courtney Alley at email@example.com email:
We need volunteers before, during and after race weekend to help with fun tasks such as:
- cleaning and organizing equipment, tee shirts, race bibs, etc. prior to the event
- preparing signage, medals, race bibs etc. prior to the event
- setting up welcome banners during the few days prior to the event
- setting up the expo and race packet pick-up at Lubec school on Friday
- setting up tents and other equipment at the Start and Finish areas Saturday afternoon and very early Sunday morning
- handing out race packets and bibs on Saturday at either Lubec school or Herring Cove Park, and Sunday morning at Lubec School
- providing local and race information and guidance to visitors on Saturday and Sunday
- setting out mile markers, signage, water stations and other equipment early race morning
- operating the pre-race bag check at West Quoddy Head and bag return at the Finish Line
- loading buses on Sunday morning
- driving school buses (must have appropriate qualifications)
- guiding runners and buses at the Start at West Quoddy Head
- serving as a course marshal to guide runners at road crossings
- security in the Finish area
- handing out water at a water station
- clean up on Sunday evening
- equipment sorting, cleaning and storing on the Monday and Tuesday after the event
- taking down signage and banners
- course cyclist escorting runners